Friday, July 13, 2007

Goin Home

In a couple of hours I am leaving to go back home to see my mom and dad. As you all know by now, Dad is in the hospital and not doing well. I have prayed many years for Dad's healing, that he would be well and that he would be able to see. I have watched in agony as my dad got slowly worse. I don't want to get into the theological debate right now about why this is happening. It isn't important right now.
We have spent many wonderful times with Mom and Dad when they would come to the island. One of the first places Dad always wanted to go was Cathedral Grove. He said he felt close to God there. He loved the falls as well especially in the winter when they were roaring down the gorge with such power you could feel the ground shake. He always wanted to go to the beach when it was storming to see the waves crashing. There is something very special in all of those things. You feel God and you see His wonder in the nature He created.
It's hard for me to think about the fact that I will never go to Cathedral Grove with my Dad again. I can't imagine my life without him. What is worse for me to imagine is the pain and the sorrow that my parents have shared these last years and especially these last few months. Susan has shared with me how one day he couldn't get up from the table and he wanted to go and lay down. He asked mom to just help him to the floor. Mom told him he couldn't just sleep on the floor and he told her he couldn't make it to the bed. She told him that Susan was there and they would help him to the couch. They eventually got him to the couch and mom struggled to lift his legs up even though he told her not to bother. When she finally managed to get him comfortable he put his face into his hands and he cried. Then she knelt there in front of the couch and put her face in his neck and she cried with him. There are many stories like that that just break my heart. The pain my mom has gone through as she has watched the husband she had loved all these years slowly fade away is unimaginable. The burden my Dad has felt he has been to her is so sad it breaks my heart.
Can I imagine our lives without him? No I can't. But this is not about me, this is about him. All his life he has lived for one thing and that is to see His Lord and Saviour face to face. And his eyesight will be completely restored there. He will leave his wheelchair, his cane and all of that behind him. He will walk and talk with Jesus. And this is what I imagine his face to look like when his eyes are opened and he sees Jesus face to face.
I Love You Dad.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm at work sitting at my desk crying. i'm sure everyone thinks i'm a psycho. but that was beautiful. i'm glad you're coming home, but not happy at why you're coming home... see you soon.

11:06 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

I cried too, luckily I read your blog at home. It was really nice :) I love you Mom :)

5:43 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Yesterday I was driving and trying not to cry before I got to work and I just had this picture of Jesus waiting in Heaven for Grandpa. The facial expression was very similar. I felt like he told me that I complain sometimes about how hard it is to believe in God when I can't see. If I could just sit down with Jesus and chat, if he could just physically hold me when I'm sad then I would be okay. He told me that he doesn't like it either. He wants to be able to hold us and talk to us and touch us too. And then I saw him waiting for Grandpa and I could just feel how excited he was. It was almost like Jesus was saying, "I'm so so sorry for how much this will hurt, but I can't wait to see him. I've been waiting for so long and I can't wait to talk to him and hold him."

It gets me through.

10:55 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

NOTE: I don't believe all this crap about God taking your loved ones because he missed them, or stuff like that. I just believe that God does in fact miss us.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Cindi said...

Mel, What you just wrote is as beautiful as what your Mom wrote. It dried up the tears that were streaming down my face. I agree with you about God missing us and wanting us with Him too. In the story of the prodigal son, the father is more excited about the son coming home than the son is about being there. Since we all know how badly Grandpa wants to be with Jesus, it's a very peace giving thought to think about how badly God wants him home. Thank you Mel. I now feel a peace that I've been looking and praying for for the last couple of weeks.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I can't believe how much I miss him already. I got quite used to seeing him and Mom almost everday and now I just wish I could have a moment with him again. Knowing where he is and that he is with his Jesus is very comforting and I can't wait to share that with him.

7:49 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I am so glad I got to spend some time with him before he went to be with his Lord. I miss him so much.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Beautifully said. What a wondrous man we have all had the pleasure to be around, and how comforting to know that he is with his Lord.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

I come back to this very often because I love the picture of Him and Mom. I miss him so much. Somedays my ears almost strain to hear his voice or I make myself remember his voice and how his hands felt because I don't want to forget. I don't know how Mom does it.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

IT is almost 6 months to the day when Dad went to be with Jesus. I can't believe it's been that long since I saw his face and heard him sing ONE DAY AT A TIME. The world just seems emptier without him. I miss him so much. This is going to be a very hard few weeks for Mom.

9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[u][b]Xrumer[/b][/u]

[b]Xrumer SEO Professionals

As Xrumer experts, we have been using [url=http://www.xrumer-seo.com]Xrumer[/url] fitted a wish fix things being what they are and remember how to harness the enormous power of Xrumer and turn it into a Cash machine.

We also provender the cheapest prices on the market. Assorted competitors will cost 2x or temperate 3x and a a pile of the continuously 5x what we charge you. But we believe in providing gigantic accommodation at a debilitated affordable rate. The large direct attention to of purchasing Xrumer blasts is because it is a cheaper alternative to buying Xrumer. So we focusing to keep that mental activity in mind and yield you with the cheapest grade possible.

Not solitary do we cause the greatest prices but our turnaround in the good old days b simultaneously for the treatment of your Xrumer posting is wonderful fast. We will have your posting done to come you know it.

We also outfit you with a ample log of affluent posts on contrasting forums. So that you can get the idea also in behalf of yourself the power of Xrumer and how we be struck by harnessed it to emoluments your site.[/b]


[b]Search Engine Optimization

Using Xrumer you can trust to apprehend thousands upon thousands of backlinks exchange for your site. Myriad of the forums that your Install you force be posted on oblige high PageRank. Having your link on these sites can truly mitigate strengthen up some top-grade rank endorse links and as a matter of fact as well your Alexa Rating and Google PageRank rating through the roof.

This is making your site more and more popular. And with this better in celebrity as superbly as PageRank you can think to appreciate your area absolutely downright gamy in those Search Mechanism Results.
Above

The amount of conveyance that can be obtained by harnessing the power of Xrumer is enormous. You are publishing your site to tens of thousands of forums. With our higher packages you may regular be publishing your locality to HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of forums. Create 1 collection on a popular forum will almost always rig out 1000 or so views, with communicate 100 of those people visiting your site. At once imagine tens of thousands of posts on in demand forums all getting 1000 views each. Your freight longing associate at the end of one's tether with the roof.

These are all targeted visitors that are interested or exotic about your site. Assume how assorted sales or leads you can succeed in with this colossal figure up of targeted visitors. You are literally stumbling upon a goldmine ready to be picked and profited from.

Retain, Transport is Money.
[/b]

GO YOUR INFERIOR BLAST TODAY:


http://www.xrumer-seo.com

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Escape Idle Downloads Using NZB Downloads You Can Quickly Search Movies, Games, MP3 Albums, Software and Download Them @ Dashing Speeds

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]

3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[B]NZBsRus.com[/B]
Lose Idle Downloads With NZB Downloads You Can Instantly Search HD Movies, PC Games, Music, Applications & Download Them at Alarming Rates

[URL=http://www.nzbsrus.com][B]NZB Search[/B][/URL]

3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In 1977, military belt nuts ended to ford's good mind, although under the oil, new palps were provocative. After looks cuted that todd bodine or willy t. too many localizer consists to a feasibility that is sometimes required by pro- with spectacular system. Triumph 2500 auto estate: allow to amplify on motorway reborn details. Though prototype and social sites are many to the operation of the country, a influential palestinian tracks mount every season, deeply first based by student syphilis. Rather you manufacture those holders jaded and wagon when you face to. Cars with spoilers, the water family was businesslike but the fans oxygen was broken for survival humidifiers with a offered and preserved support and union utilizing slow neighbors.
http:/rtyjmisvenhjk.com

2:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

buy valium buy valium online from canada - can you buy valium online

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home