Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It's Official!!!

It is now official!!. Luke is walking. I guess that means that he is now a toddler as he is toddling everywhere. What happened to that sweet baby boy that was so little such a short time ago? As you can see, he is very proud of himself and excited that he can walk all by himself.
It's also official that he is the cutest little guy. I love that kind of serious look that transforms completely when he smiles.
It's official! Luke is the smartest 10 month old baby I have ever known. Here is is reading one of my books. And he can read upside down no less!
It's official! I am going back to school. I have embarked on a very scarey adventure and am going back to school. I am going to try very hard to become a property manager. It is a one year course so I have a bit of time to hopefully figure out if my old brain can learn new things or retain anything of great importance. Heck I was excited when I learned how to copy and paste! I think that is the last thing I really learned that was of any importance. Sad! I think since Luke is so smart and can read upside down, he will be my new tutor. I sure need one.
Its Official!! Spring is here and I don't care what anyone says or what the weather does. It must be doing something right since my crocus's are growing like mad and I have some other flowers that are also blooming all over my yard. And it was +13 today so that is good enough for me. (besides...if I don't tell myself it's spring, I'll lose my mind and I have precious little to spare)
Aren't they just the most beautiful little flowers. They even survived the one day of snow we had last week. YES we had snow just last week.
I don't know what these are but they are flowers and they are growing in my yard so that makes them beautiful.

These ones look like they took a bit of a beating but they are still trying to bloom and grow and they give me hope. I sometimes feel a bit beat up too and if these little fragile flowers can still bloom with the crap weather we've had, then I guess I won't give up just yet.

16 Comments:

Blogger Margaret said...

Luke is still just a baby, isn't he? Kids should not walk until they are at least 1 1/2. Or even 3. OK. Maybe not 3. By that time they should be potty trained and that is hard to do if they can't walk. He is just the cutest little guy.
The flowers are gorgeous as was the weather today. Soon the Beach Hut will open and then it will be almost summer. I can't wait.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Ummmm, wasn't Luke just born yesterday? How the heck can he now be walking. Sheeeeeeeeeesh.

Congrats on the career move, I hope it all goes well for you. Totally love the flowers in your yard. Today was a lovely day, and I went out and enjoyed some of it.

7:21 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

No, it ISN'T official. You lie. He's not walking. You got someone to Photoshop that, right? Please tell me. Crap. He's not old enough to walk.

But I LOVE the look of concentration on his face in the first picture. I love all of his looks, actually. Must... squish... :D

Yup, my crocuses made it through the snow and are blooming along. It's so awesome. I can't wait to have some watermelon ice cream at the beach hut.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh! And good luck on going back to school! I think you'll do great.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Nooooo, once they walk, you can't kiss or cuddle them!! They will walk away from you!!

I wish you the best in school, you will so awesome!!
xox

11:03 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Way to go Luke!!! Just think of all the trouble and fun you can get into. You are such a beautiful baby.

Good luck on the course Mitz. I know you can do it.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its almost weird for me to think of luc being a tiny little baby who cant even hold his head up.
time has gone by so fast.
The minute he starting rolling, he didnt like to cuddle anymore.
i actually do get more cuddles now because he will fall and hurt himself a lot and then want to come see me. you gotta take the good in with the bad. the good is, that i get my cuddles.

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK dear how come you have all these cute pictures of Luke and none of me? ...cause I'm not cute anymore? Thought so. Just old and not so much fun anymore I guess, but at least I'm still a lucky man to be married to you

4:33 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

I'm just going to pretend I didn't see those pictures of flowers blooming, otherwise I might start feeling resentful and we don't want that...

10:25 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I'm with you Becky.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

March 8

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Becky!
Happy Birthday to you!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

This isn't my blog. What's going on here?

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

holy crap you guys have flowers! we just have dirt and rocks.

not even grass... :p

and yes, lukey is prolly the cutest little guy ever.

ps: the captain lives!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that picture of him freaking out by the door. I actually miss him right now, it's a good thing I get to see him later on...it's been like, three days!
Love the flowers, and I'm very proud of you for the career move, and I know you can do it.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Abe&Maggie said...

You think you have crappy weather. We just got another, oh probably 4-6 inches of snow and the forecast high for this coming Wed. is -13. Yes that is the high. I am sick and tired of winter already.
I would have to agree that Luke is really cute. It is sad though that he is walking already an I haven't even seen him yet. Mind you I haven't seen David and Caroline's boys yet either. Maybe one of these days. Enjoy your spring weather

9:41 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

Happy birthday Ken.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home