Monday, February 12, 2007

Spring Has Sprung.

I wsa begining to wonder if spring would ever come. I know it's only February but to me it's been a long winter and I am ready for some warmer weather. Last week I noticed something different in the air. You know that smell that tells you winter is finally over. I went to my patio door and looked down and alas, there it was. My first sign that it was true. Spring has sprung. I have a bunch of new grass shoots and a tiny little flower almost ready to open.
I also noticed that a lot of my shrubs had new shoots too so I just had to take a couple of pictures to prove it to all of you and to remind myself that the world doesn't suck too bad after all. Even Save On Foods has fresh tulips and daffodils out by the front door. Oh that made my day!!
But not as much as seeing this cutie patootie. He is now standing all by himself and he's always so proud of himself. We all are too.
This one is just because I love this picture. I love the way he always crosses his feet when he sits. I could just squish that little guy.
Here he is again showing his mommy and me how good he is at standing all by himself. As soon as you help him up, he wants to let go of your hands. He can't take a step yet but he sure loves to just stand there. To think that soon the Beach Hut will be open...YEAH!!! and he'll be running around on the beach this summer instead of just sitting in his car seat. He is going to be so much fun this summer........and yes, now I know for sure that summer is coming soon. Oh the joy!!!!

13 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Ya, ya , ya!! Summer is coming here too. My tulips are just about ready to sprout too. Probably in 2months or so. Even that seems fast looking at the amount of snow that has to melt before I can see them.


Really , I am happy for you.

Luke is so cute., I wish I could see him.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Toad said...

THIS MORNING MY EYELASHES ALMOST FROZE TOGETHER. I APPOLOGIZE FOR MY LACK OF ENTHUSIASM. PERHAPS POST THIS AGAIN WHEN I'M LESS BITTER.

CUTE PICS. HE IS SO SQUISHY.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Cindi said...

I love how he crosses his ankles! Chloe does the exact same thing! Everyone always comments on how prim and proper she looks in her stroller when we're walking in the mall.

4:55 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Well, spring better sprung faster, because I can't take the cold anymore, let alone, being stuck at the house.
I think we are all bitter about the weather :P

On a more positive note, Lukie is just the cutest baby boy in the entire world!! ENTIRE!! *squishes something*
I cannot wait for you guys to come down and visit, it will be sooo much fun!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

The flowers at school are also opening. Mini daffoldils. I am on playground supervision this week and I keep telling kids that they should be wearing at least a sweater outside, but lots of them go out at recess with only t-shirts. Me? I'm a little bit more of a sissy. I wear a sweater, but I don't zip it up. I love spring.
I walked past the beach hut the other day looking fo a sign or something that would hint at them opening but, sadly, nothing.

6:20 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

First, Luke is adorable. He looks like such a big boy standing there all proud of himself.

Second, as far as your spring stuff goes...

Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutupshutup.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Toad said...

LOL

8:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, my mom has snowbells and crocuses blooming in her yard. I'm looking forward to spring... except then all the crap is going to start growing in my yard again. Argh. I love the pictures of Luke. I can't believe he crosses his legs when he sits, that's hilarious.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Carlie said...

Cute pictures, i like the one with his feet, hehe

10:51 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I realized that I called you Luke's mom when I saw you in QF that day. It's just strange that you're a grandma. It's stranger that Robyn's a mom. And I was also so freakin' tired I'm surprised I spoke intelligably. I know I spelt that wrong, but at this point, I couldn't even care.

12:53 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

Don't worry Carrie. I didn't even notice that. Maybe that's because sometimes I get confused and forget that he is not mine. I love him like he is so maybe that's why.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I too have flowers blooming, and I note that the rose bushes are starting to get leaves too. How wonderful to be living here.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

When the beach hut opens I would like a really nice picture of it. Something I can hang in my house. I love that place!!
I wish I could come and have coffee there with you all.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home