Thursday, November 02, 2006

I'm back in the blogging world. It's good to be back but blogger is giving me endless grief. This is about the 89th time I have tried to load these pictures so before something screws up on me, I am going to try really hard to finish this post.

We have sold our house for all of you who didn't know. You all know that we became empty nesters this summer and so it's time for a change. We have only had 3 kids get married in just over one year and became grandparents so yeah...our life needs some change :] So we decided to list our house and see what happened and we sold it. I almost had it exactly the way I wanted it and now it will be someone elses. I don't know when I will have a house that I have liked as much as this one. Especially the bathrooms. The entire house was white when we bought it except the downstairs bathroom which was the one room we never did a thing to.

So here is our house. This is my kitchen, dining area looking into the front entrance at the back there. This is the downstairs bathroom, or at least part of it. The only part the matters and that's the tub. It's too big to get into one picture. The door there is the one that goes into the laundry. When Robyn lived at home, that came in very handy as she goes through towels like no one I know.
This is the front of the house but this was taken when we first moved in and so it doesn't show all the lattice work we did all around the flower beds but it gives you an idea anyway.
This is the bathroom off the master. When we bought the house, it was pink, pink pink. Enough to make you want to hurl. The enitre room was painted pink, the tiles around the tub were pink and blue, and there were pink boards all around the outside of the tub. The counter top was also pink. I wish I had before and after pictures so you could all see the amazing job Art did in here. I painted everything but Art did all the tile work.
This is my library which I am really going to miss. It is a very cosy room and I love it. Sadly I won't be able to enjoy it much longer.
So there are a few pictures of my house. We have to be out by Dec 1st and so far have found nothing to rent. We have decided not to buy right now as we really don't know what we want. We haven't rented in many years and I'm not crazy about living in someone elses house but I am going to try it for a while and if I hate it, then maybe we will buy again next fall when the prices drop again. Prices are insane here right now so it's a good time to sell.
I am going to quickly publish this before I lose it.

It's good to be back.

12 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

It's good to have you back. All this moving is making me sick. Why is it that nobody can stay in one place in our family. Sigh.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Yay Aunty Footsack! I'm so glad you're back. Now I can go put your link back up...

7:06 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

You do realize that from now on I will begin calling you Auntie Footsack, do you not?
It's great to have you blogging again. Finding out that you were/have sold the house made me sad and happy at the same time. Sad, because to be honest, that is one of the things I miss about you guys, that house. The coziness feeling that I got from walking through that door, it's undescribable. From the family gatherings to the weddings, that house to me, truly defined the unity of the Crause Family.
But I am happy that you still keep those precious memories in your heart. And of course that you sold it (woohoo!). I am sure that the next home you find, it will be just as cozy as that old house was ...

Welcome back :)
kisses & hugs

8:03 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Man... That bathtub is making me drool more than Sam does.

I wrote a post today about one of the dreams I had last night. I didn't mention this other one cause I have it all the time...

I am house sitting for the parents of a friend of mine and they have all these bathrooms. Each with a HUGE bathtub in it. All of the baths are always dirty and so I usually pick one and clean it. The cleaning supplies are stored in these handy little carrying cases in a hall closet and work really well. Once I have the bathtub clean I fill it right to the top and I always have bubbles. Something usually goes wrong at this point and I don't get to get in the bath. Luckily I have that rewind feature in my dreams. Unluckily it always takes me back to the part before I cleaned the bathtub. So I clean it again, or sometimes I wander around and I pick a whole new bathtub, and this time I take a bath. Often weird things happen and people walk in on me, or I have to get out cause I forgot something. But the baths are always big enough that I can float in them so its all good. So goooood... Last night I took a bath in one that was lined with silky fabric just like they did in the old days. The whole bathroom was decorated like it was straight out of a victorian novel.

I love that house. It has more bathrooms than it does bedrooms, and some of the bedrooms just have great big baths right in the middle of them. I wish it was real.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Good to have you back. I too will miss your house. Scrapbooking in that bright dining room. Yep. I will miss that.

Becky, you really should have that dream analyzed. You might find out a deep, dark secret about your childhood. Did your mother always make you clean bathtubs or something? Strange. Very strange. Hmmmm.

6:58 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I as well, will miss those tubs. Not as bad as I did in Gillette when I had an 8 inch tub, but a lot. Here's hoping that you find a place with a nice tub.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Amazing how attached we become to a house. I guess more so because of all the memories it holds. That house definately rocked.

Best of luck looking for a house. I will try to keep my ears and eyes open. I take it you are going to stay in the P'ville/QB area? ( and for those of you who have problems with my shorthand ... mostly John... the above means Parksville/Qualicum Beach area.)

Glad you are back to blogging.

10:03 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

Yes I will definitely miss this house. And ohhhh my beautiful bathtub. We have only gone to look at one house so far and the entire house had PINK rug. Who does that?????

Becky you have very strange dreams. You should have stayed at my house. Then you could have had a nice bath in my big tub and I wouldn't have made you clean it first.

10:49 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

Sorry..yes all of you, I will miss all the fun family times we had in that house. The memories were wonderful. We had six kids living in there at one time and now we have none. It is very strange.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've always loved coming to your guys' house, no matter where you were living. I don't know why, but I especially loved the big house outside of Stony. That one was awesome. And I agree, my daddy did a great job, isn't he awesome?! :D

Well, I hope you guys find a nice place to rent. I swear, with some rental places, they hire a blind person to decorate. One condo that we looked at before we found our place, and that ENTIRE PLACE was covered in this textured pastel mix wallpaper. Even the covers of the light switches. I'm dead serious. They kind of went overkill on it. It made me cringe. Gosh, I'm glad we didn't get that place. At least the house is nice, and we do have a yard, no matter how awful it is. Well, good luck!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Abe&Maggie said...

WOW!!! Nice house and we did not even get to come and visit. Oh well. We hope that you will find a house a rent soon, that you will be able to enjoy, for the time being.
We also enjoyed coming over to your house in Stony Plain, you have the gift of hospitality!
We hope that your search will be quick.
Abe& Maggie

8:25 PM  
Blogger Abe&Maggie said...

Oh yes!!! We are happy too that you are blogging again.
A&M

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home