Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Since Robyn's computer is down and she hasn't made a new blog for Luke yet, I thought I would just post a couple of pictures of him. These are all about a month old already but he hasn't changed that much.
He is such a happy boy and is still a very good baby. He cried the other day because he had a tummy ache and Robyn kind of lost it. She has no idea what to do with a crying baby as he never does cry. I mean really....never. He still sleeps about 12 hours a night except for when he had a bad cold and then he only slept for about 7 without waking up. Poor Robyn was so tired she had to come over for a nap so I could look after Luke.
I am very happy the God has blessed her with such a good baby. It's not easy being a single parent as it is, but then to have a cranky baby would be that much harder to cope with. He loves to jump in his jolly jumper but gets frustrated because he can't go anywhere. He is not content to just sit. When you put him on the floor he just rolls everywhere. I can tell already that he is going to be a very busy boy.

Other than Luke who is a constant source of joy and entertainment in our family, I don't have much else to report. I am looking forward to Christmas this year because we will have all of our kids home and now we also have a baby to buy for. That is exciting. I can hardly wait.
I miss all those gatherings when our kids were little and we all gathered in mom and dad's basement. I wish we could do that one more time. What a fun time that would be.

9 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

I miss it too. I miss wondering when I would finally get to sit at the adults table, instead of at the card table in the corner, and now I'm at the adults table, and I wish I could sit with Amy, Cindi, Jen, Carrie and Leah one more time. Or go for fries on boxing day, before we knew that boxing day is actually for shopping.
I love our family though, and our traditions, that I'm so intent on keeping. Making Christmas sugar cookies or a gingerbread house and listening to you yell at Robyn that she can't ice "blood" all over her Santa cookie. Setting up the tree, and everyone yelling at Robyn when she says the garland makes the tree look like it has boobs. Robyn and Colevin yelling when they have to sit at the "shaft" for Christmas dinner. We yell at Robyn a lot at Christmas...I think it was Reagan who started the horrific sugar cookies though...ah well. I love our traditions, and I'm excited to be able to buy for baby Luke. Yippee, I'm going to listen to Christmas music.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Abe&Maggie said...

What a sweetypie you have Robyn!You are fortunate to have such a good baby.Yes we agree he has changed since you blogged last time.
Iam sure that you will have tons of fun with that little guy at Christmas!
Later, A&M

8:30 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree, Melanie! I really miss those Christmases, they were my favorite. I can't wait til Christmas. We can't afford to go back to Alberta to spend it with Kyle's parents, but I'm kind of glad I get to spend another Christmas with mine. I love Christmas, I'm just like a little kid. We all still get up in the wee hours of the morning to open our stockings, and bug Mom and Dad until they wake up. And then have an afternoon nap because you got up too early and ate too much candy from your stocking before breakfast.

Oh yeah, the pictures of Luke are adorable, as ever. He's such a cute little guy, and I'm also glad to hear he's such a good boy. It's nice for Robyn. I hope that, when I have kids, they're just like Luke. I don't know how I'd be able to stand all that waking up and crying.

10:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Melanie, is it just me, or do you and I always have the LONGEST comments?

10:09 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

What a cute little boy. I remember when Tye was a baby, he was so allergic to everything and he cried, no screamed, for the first 4 months. He had chronic diarhea and vomiting and sores all over his poor little body. He lost so much weight that he ended up in hospital for 3 weeks. Robyn is truely blessed to have such a wonderful baby.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

hey, you're comment is almost as long as mine! but yes, that's true of me

11:23 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

Christmas is way funner with little ones... Ben's first Christmas was completely over the top and I expect Luke's will be even worse... Or better... Lucky Lukey!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Luke is such a little man, and gets cuter by the day. It is a good thing that he is such a good baby.

Christmas will be good, and now we have even more family to be able to celebrate it with.

7:18 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Oh my goodness!!!!!!
That little guy has gotten so big, and yet continues to be the cutest baby boy EVER!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home