Monday, February 05, 2007

Home Again

For those of you who know Nadine, this is a picture of her and her new fiance Zack and his son Tyler. For those of you who don't know Nadine, she is the daughter of Ken's cousin Helerine who I was staying with while I was in Florida. I left on Jan 23rd and arrived home on Friday afternoon. I was just leaving Helerine's house when the tornado hit there. I was very fortunate that it hit to the east of us as it was predicted to hit right around the area where we were. We woke at 2:30 am to very heavy winds and lots of thunder and lightening. We had to leave her house for Tampa at about 4 am to get to the airport on time and the farther south we drove the better it got. I left there at 6:45 am with no problems and only heard about the tornado after I got home. All in all, I had a good time away but was very anxious to get home to see my adorable little grandson whom I had missed a lot.
Here he was climbing into my suitcase before I left.
Now that Luke is crawling everywhere, he especially loves to pull all of my books out of the bookshelf.
Here Auntie Mellie turned him into.....Aunt Jamima??
I did visit Universal studios while I was out there and it was very interesting. I don't think it was worth the $83 US that I had to pay but it was okay.

8 Comments:

Blogger Becky said...

LOL. Aunt Jemima. He is the perfect Aunt Jemima... And just as sweet. Thanks for the pics, we haven't seen any for a while.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray, I was just about to say that it's about time for a new post!! :D Glad you had a good time, and missed the tornado. Are Helerine and Nadine all okay? Hopefully they didn't get hit too bad. It's nice to see a picture of Nadine's fiance, I can't believe she's engaged. He better be good to her. Love those pictures of Luke. I love his face in the one where he pulled off the books.

11:02 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Welcome Home!
I'm so glad to hear that Nadine is happy. I'm sure Zach treats her good. You can totally see they're happy. Aww! Luke, that little loving bundle of cuteness!! I love the one with him in the suitcase: "Take me with you, see? I can fit in it!! No one will know!"
I don't suppose you got me peanuts either, did ya Auntie??? hmm??

10:17 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

Peanuts??? No I did not bring back any peanuts for you. Sorry. I will make sure I bring you some the next time I'm in town.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Glad you had a good time. Luke is so cute. I think I need to come for a visit. Oh wait, I can't. Although being unemployed is great for the time off, it really sucks financially. And I was going to save my peanuts for poor Claudia too. Sorry.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Glad you had a good time, and also that you missed the tornado. It is good to see Nadine, and that she looks happy.

I hate those touristy attractions, that cost an arm and leg to get into.

I think Claudia was looking for the peanuts from your flight, I know she asked me about them when I left on my holiday. Someone needs to get that girl some nuts.

11:53 AM  
Blogger kAsh said...

SO glad that you made it home safely. LUKE IS SOO CUTE!!! I would miss that face too.
God Bless

8:12 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

I NEED NUTS!!!!!

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home