Friday, November 10, 2006

We Found A House!!

As most of you know by now, we have sold our house and have to be out of here by Dec 1st. We have decided not to buy right now as prices are really quite crazy out here and we think prices will come down in the next year and then we will buy again. So we are going to rent. Scary in some ways. We haven't rented since shortly after we got married and I just don't like the thought of living in someone elses house. You just can't do whatever you want to anymore.
The house we are renting is in Qualicum Beach just a couple of blocks from the water which is very nice. It also backs right onto a golf course which is going to close in the spring so I don't need to worry about golf balls coming through the window. There is no fence right now and that doesn't thrill me much. Hopefully we can put one up in the spring.

I won't be able to look out of my window and see my horses anymore. That makes me sad and I am not sure how I will cope. That is why we are renting for now. I may just lose my mind living in town, or I may love the freedom of not having to look after them so much that we decide to stay in town. This is a huge test for us.
The house is very nice inside and has a double attached garage which makes Ken very happy. I think it's about 1600 sq feet which is about 1/2 the size we have now but that just means I have less to clean. Amazingly enough, it has a huge bathroom with a step up jaccuzzi tub which just made my day. But the worst part of all is that it has pink rug in the living room. WHO DOES THAT!!! I hate pink of any kind in a house, unless it's a little girls room. But PINK RUG??? WHY??? We had pink rug everywhere in this house too when we bought and I hated it. We had it all ripped out and changed last spring finally and now I have to go back to pink rug. I could have cried when I saw it. I will post pictures for you all to see as soon as we are moved in.

I am going to miss my house a lot. The people that are buying our house decided that the roof needed replacing so he asked if we would allow them to come in and redo it before they took possession on Dec 1st. We said yes. So the other morning we are in the bath and we hear a loud truck. Ken gets up to see and it's the roofers on our yard. Great. I am in the tub with my hair just washed and hadn't even shaved my legs yet when suddenly I had to get out and fast. We have a huge skylight in our bathroom so anyone on the roof can look right in. So much for my bath. I also have a huge skylight in my other bathroom and in my staircase and two in my kitchen.Arrrggggg!!!! I had no where to go. Skylights are great until you have to have your roof redone. Then I go into my computer room and they are banging so loud on the roof, it sounded like they had a bulldozer up there. And the language!! Ever other word was f*#* something or other. So I left for the day.
Today it's raining so they aren't coming. I am so happy. I get to spend a peaceful day in my house. One of my last. :(
Melanie is here for the day and she is going to help me do my shoeboxes. I am doing seven so we have a lot of wrapping to do. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Haha, blog spam.

Anyway, I'm glad that you guys found a house. Now you'll be close to us, we'll have to come visit when you move in, and I can see your nasty pink carpet. If it makes you feel better, I'd hate it, too. I'm glad mine is off-white.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

I was going to ask you the other day if you had found a house and I forgot. I can't believe people would put pink carpet in a livingroom. Maybe this house was built the same year as yours and there was a huge sale on that year for pink carpet. Wow! A little over 2 weeks and you will be moving. Let me know what we can do to help. If you move on a Sunday or Monday, Tye will be able to help.

6:19 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

Actually we got the house for the 15th of this month so that we don't have to do everything on one day. We will start moving stuff on Wednesday already.
How do you get rid of comments that you don't want on here??? Like this askinstoo??

8:27 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Ok, trying one more time to comment. Apparantly blogger has been having some issues the past day or two.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Ok now I know the comment posted, if there is something I can do to help you move, please let me know. Also, not sure if Ken mentioned that Bev and Darron would be willing to take the rain barrels if you are still getting rid of them.

10:30 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Wish I could come and help you. Looking forward to the pictures. It's going to be wierd not knowing what your house looks like when I talk to you on the phone. By the way,If you come out after you move and get settled(Mom said you might)you really should bring Robyn and little Luke.And anyone else you can manage to squeeze in.

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home