Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A 'Play" Day???

The other day Connor and Ethan came for a visit. Luke doesn't get much of a chance to see kids his own age so he was quite fascinated by Connor. I think Connor was quite excited to have someone his size to play with. We did get them to sit for just a mintute so we could get a nice picture.
Connor thought that Luke's head made a nice drum and it was just the right hieght too.
Connor soon found out that his 'drum' didn't really like it and they both toppled over, Connor falling right on top of Luke. As you can see, Luke was not impressed.
Then Ethan tried to cheer him up by running and trying to jump right over Lukes head. Ethan didn't quite make it. I think that was it for Luke's patience and the play day kind of ended.
Then when Luke was feeling a bit better, he came over again and showed us how he learned how to play hide and seek. He loves to play.
And he sits with the blanket or arm rest cover or whatever he has, over his head for a long time.



He's also learning how to walk. Here Uncle Peter and Auntie Mellie are helping him to walk, or should I say run. He's always in such a hurry that his body goes way faster than his feet.

He sure is happy trying though even if he goes too fast.
He also loves to play in the dirt in my plants. If only it would warm up a bit so we could go to the beach and he could play in the sand. I can hardly wait.
He can't figure out what he has in his hand. Oh well, just eat it if nothing else.




8 Comments:

Blogger Sue said...

Oh man I need to come out for a visit. Those litlle boys are growing so fast and I can't get the beach hut out of my mind. I sooo want to sit there with a coffee and listen to the waves. I need a good visit with my family too.

10:05 PM  
Blogger footsack said...

Susan I would love it if you guys could come for a visit again!
I too am longing to sit at the beach hut with a coffee and listen to the waves.

9:44 AM  
Blogger Becky said...

I love the picture of Luke crying on Robyn's? shoulder. Poor little guy.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Yep, a big family visit would be fantastic. I can't wait for the beach hut to open.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Abe&Maggie said...

Coffee! Beach hut! What are you guys talking about? It seems hard to imagine on a day like today. It was -22 this morning and it snowed most of the morning. I am sick and tired of winter. A coffee and a beach anything sounds wonderful. Margaret says she would preffer a Bahama Mamma.
It is kind of sad to think that I have never seen any of these boys except in pictures. But this is better than nothing.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the beach hut is the most wonderful place in the entire world. it is a small little hut on the beach (hence the name) and it serves coffee, food, and the best ice cream world.
In the summer we all meet there and eat ice cream and have fantastic coffee. the environment there is so pretty, the sun, the ocean, the warm, beautiful sun....i loathe winter with ever fibre in my being.
i cant wait till i am sitting in a pool of my own sweat in the sand on the beach. it will be lovely.
robyn

1:46 AM  
Blogger Claudia said...

This post is full of cuteness!!
My goodness, these boys have gotten so big!!

I want to come over for a playdate too!! Naima is great with other babies, she shares! hehe

9:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aw... my goodness. I can't believe both Connor and Luke are WALKING!! That's not fair. I say they're not allowed to grow anymore. Let Luke know, okay? :P He's so freakin' adorable. His grins are seriously infectious. I could be having the worst day ever, and seeing him grin would make me smile.

10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home