Tuesday, June 05, 2007

God is Good!

For those of you who have read my last post, I would like to tell you all what has been happening. Robyn left a comment and said she has found a place. Let me explain.
Before Robyn even had Luke, she has wanted to live in those apartments. The complex is beautiful. So when Luke was 4 months old, she calls to see about an apartment there. The landlady says there is one but the waiting list is 32 people long and they are geared more for seniors and told Robyn that basically it was useless. They didn't want kids in there.
Robyn is very discouraged. We told her to pray about it and if this is where God wanted her, He would open the doors. A few days later, Robyn goes to apply. The landlady is away and the sister is there. She is very nice to Robyn but also tells her there are 32 people ahead of her. A few days later Robyn gets a call. You guessed it! The sister had tried to call all 32 people and they were either gone, already moved or something and at the end of it all, Robyn was the only one left. She got the apartment.
The landlady comes back and she is mad. Tells Robyn she never should have got the place and when Luke is one, she is going to have to move regardless because he will be too noisy and if Robyn disturbs her 'good' tenants below, there will be trouble. Since then, she has been nasty to Robyn. Even told her she shouldn't go barefoot in her apartment.
One day Robyn very briefly parked in the visitors parking and it just so happened that Kathy walked by and told Robyn if she did it again, she would get her car towed. Robyn has been given two noise warning, one just a few weeks ago and it was because Luke was sick and cried at night. She was told that one more time and she would be evicted. It's been fun.
So now Robyn had to go and give her notice. I thought Kathy would be elated to have her out of there. Robyn goes to talk to her and tells her she is moving and does she have a 1 bdrm available and if possible on the ground floor.
Now this is where things got very interesting. Kathy says she does have a 1 bdrm but it is already gone. Then she says she will talk to the lady and ask her if she is willing to take a different one because the ground floor would be better for Luke so he can't disturb anyone below and how perfect it would be because they actually have a little boy living right above that apartment so with Robyn below, it won't matter if he's loud.
Robyn tells me this and I am in shock. Then the next day Kathy calls her and tells her that the woman is willing to switch so if Robyn wants it, the place is hers and she can move in on the 20th. The rent is $630 but Robyn said she was willing to live without a phone and internet and do what she needed to do to make up the other $60. I call the lady at the Ministry to ask if this is okay and she says yes. Even gives me a few 'tips' on how to basically cheat the system legally to help Robyn out. I can buy her 3 months supply of diapers as a gift. Pay her cell phone, bring her groceries instead of money and a few other things.
With Robyn moving on the 20th, Kathy said she would give Robyn some money back because she won't be living in her 2 bdrm for the whole month so this should make up for the money they are taking off her next check. Plus she gets some back on her damage deposit since that won't be as much either. So things have worked out okay. It will be a bit tough going but it has been amazing to see this unfold so quickly.
I have been convicted these past few days of my fear of what will happen to her and my anger at the system. I usually come out fighting first instead of retreating to my 'corner' and asking God what I should do. Isn't that so like our kids when they were small. I so remember trying to get them to calm down so I could talk some sense into them. Now sad to say, God was telling me the same thing. To calm down and just ask Him to help and to remember that this is not that big of a problem for Him. Today I had to call the lady at the ministry and for some reason I did not feel this was going to go well. So I decide to go and pray first and I picked up the new devotional I got for my birthday on Sunday and the title of the very first devotional in there was 'In God You Can Trust' with this scripture.
Psalm 9:10...'Those who know Your name will trust in You, for You Lord, have never forsaken those who seek You"....Amen to that. The call went very well.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a post!
I am laughing.
I am crying.
I am praising God.
As Robyn said 'I know without a shadow of doubt in my mind that god isnt up there thinking "That stupid welfare, what am i going to do now with this girl and her child?" '
He (God) knew all of these details before hand and worked it out.
He is so good! \o/
M.K.

11:53 AM  
Blogger footsack said...

Yes Mary that He is. We are happy and excited as well. And of course giving God all the glory!
Thanks for you comments.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

PTL! I wish I was as good a child with my Father in Heaven as I expect my children to be with me. We get into such a rut of "I can take care of this" when we need to go to our Father and say, "I need your help. I don't know what to do." I love to hear how He can make things seem so simple.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Yay! I'm glad I don't have to think of Robyn living with her little man in some scary area in a dumpy apartment...

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!! Thank goodness! So happy for Robyn and baby Luc!!

I can't get over how I havent met him yet ... soon though! hugs and kisses to all~!

10:52 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

WOW. God is Good.

4:02 PM  
Blogger John said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:54 AM  
Blogger John said...

That earlier comment made no sense what so ever. Can't promise this one will either. I'll just say, thanks Lord. Your the best.

4:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yippee. i was scared for her moving the the south end. it's freaky down there.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAYE ROBYN!!! YAYE GOD!!!! He really is good, and i think he really likes to suprise us too. that is awesome. Robyn, your comment on that last one really was amazing, we're all in an uproar and mad, and you come on and say "don't worry, God will take care of me..." SO TRUE. and now he has blessed you for trusting in Him!! enjoy your new place!

10:09 AM  
Blogger Saffy said...

I GOT A NEW BLOG
CARLIE

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a blog!!!
its robyn:)

1:17 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

God is good. Amazing how quickly the situation was resolved.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what's the link. That one doesn't work...

6:28 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Come on, Robyn. I was so excited!

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got rid of it cause it wasnt working sorry
robyn

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home