Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Life Changes.

"I really hate this hat, I'll have you know!"
"I am taking this hat off of my head".
"Can't anyone see how much I hate this hat and give me a hand here?"
"Fine I'll wear the dumb hat".

This one is just to show his little tongue that he always sticks out. Typical Braun baby. He reminds me of Jake when he does that.

And now back to my title of this blog. LIFE CHANGES! Yes it has. This year has been a big year of changes. Last year at this time, I was just getting used to the idea of this little bundle of joy in my life and that he was my grandson. I was a grandma! In July Ken closed most of his business down and we listed our house for sale. In October I went to move Melanie and Peter back from Wyomming. It was so wonderful to have all of our kids back on the island. Then our house sold and I made the heart wrenching decision to sell my horses. (In the end I donated them to a Christian camp) Then we moved into town and I had to try to get used to a small house, neighbors RIGHT in your face all the time, I had no horses, no dogs and I even had to take Molly our farm cat to the vet to have her put down. She was 11 years old and we had had her since she was 6 weeks. I don't even like cats but that day I cried. Then Jan came and I decided that I couldn't sit here any longer and mourn what I didn't have. I signed up for a course through the Uof BC to become a property manager. Let me tell you, you need to first take a law course to understand half of what they are trying to teach you. It is very intensive and hard. Even Ken struggled to help me with some of the stuff. But since I had paid huge money for this course, I kept plugging away. I had been praying for a while about it and just feeling like I didn't want to finish it. I felt so horrible about it though. So one day I am talking to a lady in church and she tells me she is managing a Michael Hill Jewellery store and is looking for another person to manage. I told her I would keep my ears open. But for the rest of the day, I kept thinking about this job and the amazing pay and benefits and all but I have no retail experience at all. A couple of days later I emailed her and told her I was interested and she called me in and ....to make a long story short, I started my Manager In Training yesterday. It is a lot of hours and some of it requires me to go to Vancouver but I am in the work force for the first time in many years. It feels weird sometimes and when I look back at the last year, there have been many changes in my life. Some amazing and some...well not so amazing. All in all, God is still on the throne and he is still good. I have sometimes doubted that.
C.S. Lewis, after his wife died of cancer said this.."The tragedy is not that I would stop believing in God, but that I would start to believe such terrible things about Him." I have never forgotten that. I can't because sadly I am reminded of it many times in my life when my thoughts want to go that way.
So that is what is going on in my life.
I am also not leaving blogger to go to facebook. Although I do visit there blogger is my home. Hopefully I will still have time to post on my days off.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

k i am trying to do this again so here is my blog.
robyn

7:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new amazing job! I am so happy for you!!

Luc is adorable, but you knew that ;-)

10:54 PM  
Blogger Becky said...

Congrats on the new job! It must feel weird to be back working outside of your home... You'll have to keep me updated, if I get a job I'll be in the same new and weird feeling shoes. I guess we'll both just have to walk in them till they get broken in and feel more comfortable. I just hope they don't pinch too much.

9:17 PM  
Blogger footsack said...

Thanks Becky. Good luck with the job:) My shoes are fine, my feet are not:{

10:16 PM  
Blogger John said...

Congratulations on the new job, or should I say career. I know that you will do well. Becky is right, it might feel a little wierd to be going to work after this many years of not. Say hi to Ken.

5:06 AM  
Blogger John said...

Luke looks so disgusted with that hat and yet he doesn't look like he cried or got really mad. In that last one he just has this look of resignation on his face. That is a very cute boy.

6:38 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

What a cutie!! I can't believe how big Luke is getting :)

Congrats on your new job :) I phoned the other day, but you were at work :P I hope everything goes really good for you in this new job! If I was you,I'd go buy a nice big foot soaker with my first paycheck ;)

5:18 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Congrats on the new job. AS usual, adorable pictures of Lucas.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home